Thursday, August 25, 2016

Freqax




FREQAX (short for Frequency Axe) is a music production project conceived in 2008 by ADRENALINA (aka C9H13NO3) and WEIRDO on the ground of their two different original styles mixed on the collaboration tunes that they made together, and their many b2b party sessions performed. It relies on a new form of music languages and genres under a single project based on the knowledge gathered over the many years of experience.






Interview:
How did you come up with your stage name?
 “Well, after a lot of collabs and b2bs with Adrinalina, my ex collegue, we decided in 2007 - 2008 to start a new project and make music under a single name. We thought about the things we liked the most and the new things we’d like to introduce in our music, and we decided in the end that Frequency Axe - Freqax (short) would fit and represent us perfect.”
What got you into Drum N Bass?
“I think the bpm was one of the things that got me from the start. Also the crazy rhythms. I was listening a lot of electronic music for a long time and when I first heard DnB was love at the first hearing!”
What direction do you see your music going?
“Starting this year, 2016, I decide to experience more with my music. I don’t know for now where i would go with these experience but I’m sure it won’t sound bad and it will be a challenge.”
What is your opinion on the current state of the Drum N Bass/Jungle scene worldwide?
            “I think it’s going good. A lot of young and very good sounding producers appeared in the last period of time. The future, it’s bright!”
Which equipment and/or software have you come to work with?
“I started with Music Maker back in 1997. From 1999 i start using Fruity Loops and from 2004 Reason. From the beginning of 2016 I fell in love with Cubase where I also did the Meant To Believe LP.”
What is your biggest inspiration?
“Life, Music.”
What can we expect from Freqax in the future?
“As I said, starting this year I decided to experience more with the music, I don’t know what to put the finger on but something new will come someday. I will still make DnB though!”
Where will you be performing next?
“I'm playing soon in Portugal, Spain, Romania and Slovakia.“



Follow Freqax on:
    Facebook    |    Twitter    |    Instagram    |    SoundCloud    


Latest:




No comments:

Post a Comment