Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Zukeepa




Bio:
    Da ZuKeepa is like no other, bringing aggressive basslines with no mercy. One of Las Vegas's brightest up and coming DJs, Melo has been pushing through with a style all his own. He draws influence from some of the world's biggest names, and pulls together a style that keeps the dance floor live. 

    Now in 2016 linking up with Bassline Syndicate, ZuKeepa will have a solid collective to push with.. 

    He has shown various styles rocking dance floors with headliners from across the world such as: Bladerunner, Deacon, Original Sin, Machete, RAW, 6Blocc, AnnGree, Aphrodite, Crisy Criss, DJ SS, Bassline Smith, Madam Filth, Apx One, JayBee, Zaiaku, Miss Haze, Miyuki, and Unicorn Fukr. 
Interview:
How did you come up with the name, "Zukeepa"?
I came up with the ZuKeepa because I wanted to come up with an original name that meant something about the music scene. I realized that we are all party animals and the Dj controls the vibes
So the zukeepa was born

How did you start producing music and where do you see it taking you?
I started producing music because I would hear original tracks in my head before bed and wanted to recreate them.
I see it getting me recognized as a household name in the DNB scene once my productions get better with knowledge.

What was your most memorable booking?
My most memorable bookings were when I played with Deacon and Original Sin. Before I was a Dj, I looked up to Deacon as one of my favorite djs. He played techstep and was a common name on the lineups of LA raves. Original sin is a true original in the game so playing with him was a great honor

Who, would you say, has been your biggest inspiration?
HellNegative  has been a big inspiration because I have learned about music production from him and he would answer any of my production questions whenever i would ask

What are your opinions on the current state of electronic music?

I first heard drum and bass in 1999 and since then I've been saying that DNB is the future. Although, DNB isn't the mainstream genre in 2016 like I thought it would be, it has still influenced many of the edm genres with its basslines.

Be sure to follow Da Zukeepa on social media:

Facebook   |  Instagram   |  Twitter   |  SoundCloud   |  YouTube   |  MixCloud
Summer Social Drum N Bass Mix:


Latest Release:






No comments:

Post a Comment